[OM] Re: Was OM to EOS adapter now PP confirmed addy

Subject: [OM] Re: Was OM to EOS adapter now PP confirmed addy
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 19:37:32 +1000
AFAIK, the rules regarding VISA, Mastercard, AmEx, etc. in this land
are pretty much the same as in the US. We have much the same legal
system as the UK and Canada when it comes to these sort of things and
people there seem to be able to get confirmed.
RThis was PP's more detailed explanation -

"We do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
PayPal uses
an Automated Verification System to verify credit card billing addresses
that are entered on the system. If a credit card billing address
passes the
Automated Verification System check, the credit card billing address
will
be confirmed. Please be advised that PayPal Australian account
holders can
not have a confirmed address as card issuers in Australia do not have
the
facility yet to do the Automated Verification System. As much as we
would
like our account holders to have a confirmed address, this matter would
depend still from your credit issuer."

I treated this nonsense with the contempt it deserves and invited the
to put me in contact with someone with a genuine answer or someone
prepared to admit that Paypal is giving me limited service for a
premium price.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx