[OM] Re: Some OM mount on EOS camera examples (was Re: OM to EOS adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: Some OM mount on EOS camera examples (was Re: OM to EOS adapter has arrived)
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 19:15:07 +1000
There's a little trap in this one. Some have a ridge that depresses
the button on the back of the lens to cancel out the 'auto' action -
then it acts just like an Oly lens on the adapter. Sounds good,
especially for those old M42 lenses without an 'auto/manual' switch.
However, it means that you can't use the very last of the Pentax
screw mount lenses as the ridge fouls the metering lug. Probably
causes a problem on others like the Fuji's as well. I found that I
couldn't try out my nice Takumar 200mm for this reason.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx