[OM] Re: Speaking of Joel...

Subject: [OM] Re: Speaking of Joel...
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 23:14:58 -0500
On 4/13/06, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Joel wrote:
> > Lots of tornadoes touched down in and around the city.  We're
> > safe and sound.  There has been isolated damage here and
> > there.  We were very fortunate.  Thanks for your concern!
>
> Whew!  Any wind damage to the house?  According to the radar you
> were getting 94 MPH winds!  I think Herky is now Illinois' state
> bird!
>
> AG

I was at our church throughout most of it and only heard hail at one
point.  Trees were down two blocks away.  The house is fine.  People
saw many tornadoes, which was unlike 1998, when a storm came through
so hard it blew a few cars of a freight train off a bridge and into
the river.  I could post a photo of that.  It was raining so hard
during that particular storm that no tornadoes were spotted, but you
could see the path of the storm through any number of wooded areas.
We lost a tree and I had to leave my truck about 1/8 mile from home
and walk to get my chain saw to clear a tree that had fallen across
our road.  I won't really know the extent of damage until the sun is
up tomorrow, but it seemed more spectacular but less dangerous.
That's probably not the point of view of those more severely affected
though.

Joel W.