[OM] Re: Very OT: Lusting for a Bessa R

Subject: [OM] Re: Very OT: Lusting for a Bessa R
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 23:12:41 +1000
> No brainer for me. I simply don't like rangefinder cameras.
> The only one
> I've used in decades is the XA, accepted for many years for
> it's other
> special qualities, but I never got to actually like the
> rangefinder aspect.

I don't like rangefinders much either, BUT how else can you get a 15mm or
12mm lens and body for a reasonable price ?  A good used Nikkor 15/3.5 will
cost you twice as much as a new Bessa-L with 15mm Heliar and the performance
of the Nikkor is crap in comparison (...and I read that on the photo.net
Nikon forum).

...Wayne