[OM] Re: [photo] for Moose

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] for Moose
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:32:31 -0300

on 10/04/2006 09:01, Richard Lovison at rlovison@xxxxxxxxx, wrote:

> I agree with Moose... no need to run out and purchase a telescope.

Pheew.... that's tranquilizing :)
My main self-imposed limit to obtain a sharp picture of some ducks is that I
stick to iso 100 film. Even tripod mounted and bean bag loaded, 200/4 + 2X-A
came out with a blurred duck on a sharp water mirror (with beautiful colour
reflections...).
1/60 is too slow, must go over 1/250 at least.
FWIW, recently I found out that for a small flag in a windy day 1/500 AND
1/1000 don't freeze it so as to have sharp borders _ and yes, that was when
trying Superia 400 using a 50 1.4.
Another thing I don't seem to be changing my mind on, and would appreciate
opinions: sometimes I tried the 2X-A + the 85~250 @ f11, tripod mounted,
1/30 to 1/125. Obtained very good results, IMHO. Not that I need to do this
very often, but...

Cheers,

Fernando.