[OM] Re: [photo] for Moose

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] for Moose
From: "Richard Lovison" <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 08:01:20 -0400
On 4/9/06, Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> on 9/04/2006 20:42, Richard Lovison at rlovison@xxxxxxxxx, wrote:
>
> > http://www.simons-rock.edu/~rlovison/temp/goose.html
>
> wow !! - should I buy a telescope besides?

Hi Fernando,

I agree with Moose... no need to run out and purchase a telescope.  I'm sure
there are many fine 500mm lenses that will perform as well and I'm sure
there are many list members that can guide you to the better ones.  I
purchased my refractor years ago to use for astrophotography.  It was
piggybacked on a Meade Schmidt Cassegrain.  I haven't done any series astro
work in some time so the Takahashi was collecting dust. Discovering a Great
Blue Heron nesting place was an excuse to find a way to use the refractor
with the E-1.  Another point worth making... the E-1-Takahashi setup is not
the easiest to work with.  The whole setup is about 24 inches long when
focused and quite a challenge to balance on a camera tripod.

Richard