[OM] Re: Very OT: Lusting for a Bessa R

Subject: [OM] Re: Very OT: Lusting for a Bessa R
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:00:33 -0400
Andrew, the only reason you'd want a Bessa R:

 * For its ability to use all of those crappy, boring, nondescript,
overpriced, mouldy LTM lenses.

 * The 'M' level VF of the Bessa R makes it far too easy to focus so you'd
lose out on the experience of using one of the vintage VFs.

 * And loading film?  Ha!  You'd be bypassing the chance to learn Zen And
The Art Of Leica Loading since the Bessa has one of those new-fangled
'hinged' backs.

 * Then there's that pesky TTL meter which is nothing but a problem waiting
to happen when the battery dies after a few years.

Yeah, I'd definitely pass on it.  You don't want *that* kind of grief.  And
don't even think about an R2 which would mean you'd end up having to deal
with all of those crappy 'M' mount lenses as well.  Bor-ing.

hth/ScottGee1