[OM] Re: FL-50 w/Stofen Omni-Bounce

Subject: [OM] Re: FL-50 w/Stofen Omni-Bounce
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 16:07:23 -0500
> Yeah, the 120J is on my shortlist.  I keep bidding on them, but
> the closing price is more than I'm willing to spend.
>
> AG
As the older participants remember, I'm a fan of the 120. I had one for ten
years of good use. Finally, the cheap-ass connectors gave out, the worst was
the so-called plug and socket between the 120 and the nicad pack. I was
ready to replace it, when I went to the KEH website, and they had a Quantum
T2 and battery pack for a good price. Now mind you, it was still about twice
what I would have paid for the sunpak stuff, but I felt flush that day.

Not that I'm not still a fan of the Sunpak, but damn, the Quantum is nice! I
love the power, the controls are buttons and a lcd panel, not a crappy
slider that seems always about to break, and I always have prefered lead to
nicads.

That said, for the same money, you can have a Quantum or four Sunpacks.
There also is another battery pack option that someone on the list mentioned
several months ago.

Bill Pearce