[OM] Re: The thing about my E-1...

Subject: [OM] Re: The thing about my E-1...
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:50:49 -0800 (PST)
Moose wrote:
> I don't think you should be sorry. It seems to me that part of
> the reason this list is so much more engaging than others is
> that many members are relatively free with their inner
> process around the common theme of photography. I imagine we
> are all subject to similar issues inside. Airing them out to
> others who can understand and empathize is helpful. Hearing
> similar themes expressed by others, perhaps especially
> those good enough that we imagine them not to be subject to
> the same doubts and concerns, is also helpful.

Good observations.  This list is unique in that.  I've never
encountered anything else like it on the web. There is a culture
here with a humbleness and lack of superiority over one or
another.  I did feel comfortable enough to reveal my own
self-perceived disappointments and weaknesses.

> You are in good company. Michangelo kept journals,
> which are full of dissapointment, doubt and self-loathing
> comments because he could never get close in physical output
> to the vision he had inside. And yet... his work was not too
> shabby from other perspectives.  :-)

He's a tough act to follow. I doubt my work will be held in as
high regard hundreds of years from now.  It seems that about
once a century somebody comes along with a unique mental-wiring
that allows them to see and perceive things in another
dimension. Michangelo was the Einstein of the art world.

> I'm not claiming you are or are not as good as any other
> artist, but in my humble opinion, you are a pretty damn good
> photographic artist.

By no means was I digging for complements and praise.  But I do
highly appreciate it.

> Well, I don't know where that is, for you or for me, but I
> wish you well in finding it.

Maybe a new lens will help. :)

> We're all in this together, and I'm pulling for you, and you
> and you ....- and me.

Thanks, Red.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com