[OM] Re: OT: Epson 1280 Printer Question

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Epson 1280 Printer Question
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:15:26 -0600
On 3/27/06, Bill Pearce <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The 1280's not your answer.
>
> ... ink does not really enter the Ilford

Well, that's bad, then.  But I now have to decide whether to believe
you or Bill and others.  Rats.

> > emulsion properly but stays more or less on the surface of the paper
> > and remains tacky for a long period of time.
> With my 1280, it is dry after three days to a week. It looks about as bad as
> inkjet on glossy paper can. You can see it just lying on the surface from
> across the room.

Yes, that sounds like the kind of thing I'm trying to avoid.

> >Lyson prints are fairly
> > dry and certainly smearproof almost instantly.
> Good to know. How do you like them in general? Any clogging problems?

It doesn't clog.  It's probably best to let a new Lyson cart sit in
the printer overnight before printing.  They seem to work better when
they've had a few hours to settle to get the bubbles out.  That's the
only problem I've run into.

Joel W.