[OM] Re: It's happened. I've relented.

Subject: [OM] Re: It's happened. I've relented.
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:24:47 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Winsor Crosby wrote:

>                                                       The newer Nikons
> have a feature that let you take a shot of a blank sheet of paper and
> you can set the software to automatically map out any spots in post
> processing like that digital ICE for scanners. So you could, I
> suppose, never clean it.

What happens when the dust moves? :-)  I think that's the biggest problem
with all these other solutions, including the "just clean the sensor"
technique.  By the time you realise that you need to clean the sensor
it's too late, you may already have taken hundreds of images with dust
in them.  You need a proactive technique, not a reactive one.  That's
what makes the Olympus dust buster so good.
                                -mark