[OM] Re: It's happened. I've relented.

Subject: [OM] Re: It's happened. I've relented.
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 00:27:35 EST
I was in the local repair shop today.  The guy that owns it had a  shelf full
of Canon and Nikon digital cameras he was cleaning the sensors  on.  I've
used my e-1 for almost 2 years and its sensor gets cleaned every  time I turn
it
on.  He said he never has one in for repair. He, along with  other say there
is no comparison with the color produced by the OM sensor and  either of the
other two.  I've not used them,so I can't say.

Are you going to buy the high dollar IS lenses? If not, what is the point  of
getting the Canon. Dirty sensors are a way of life (an expensive one) for
people who use the other two.

Buy the e-330 or 500, use your Zuiko glass and a minimal DZ kit, enjoy it
and wait.  If things don't work out with the e-system, you won't be heavily
invested and it will give Canon an opportunity to figure out sensor cleaning
technology.  Bill Barber