[OM] Re: Minolta Elite 5400 II - AC adapter - Idiot in need of Help...

Subject: [OM] Re: Minolta Elite 5400 II - AC adapter - Idiot in need of Help...
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:11:27 -0800 (PST)
> Electricty: we "discovered" it (Ben Franklin), "invented" it,
> meaning figured out what to do with it, (Thomas Edison), and
> then y'all mucked it up with the wrong voltage and connectors,
> just like you insist on driving on the wrong damn side of the
> road.

Even their light-switches are backwards.  Up is off, down is on.
 We won't need to mention how they number floors in a multilevel
building.

Reminds me of the time I had to use a audio mixer built to BBC
specifications.  The faders were off at the top and maximum
level at the bottom.  As the legend goes, when linear faders
first came out the reason why they ran them backwards was incase
the board operater fell asleep, he'd fall forward and push
whatever fader that was on into the off position. Much better to
have dead air than things going on the air that shouldn't.

Hey, Chris.  Are aircraft controls also backwards?  Push forward
on the stick to go up, pull back to go down?

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com