[OM] Re: #31 #32

Subject: [OM] Re: #31 #32
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 13:47:28 -0600
On 3/1/06, Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 3/1/06, GeeBee <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Joel,
> >
> > I was blissfully unaware of how crappy some/all of my shots looked on flat
> > screen monitors until the computers at work were upgraded (?). Slight
> > pixelation
> > in the sky on a conventional monitor looked like Lego on a flat screen.
> >
> > Now I too have an LCD monitor and although colour scans like a dream b&w is
> > proving more difficult. There have been moments when I have thought that I
> > may have to abandon my preference for b&w and switch to colour for all my
> > photography.
> >
> > This shot was already on my site at 600 x 400 so I decided to rescan and
> > post at 800 x 533. I had three attempts at getting it right and although I
> > am happy with it now I have no confidence that I could repeat the procedure
> > :-)
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/l10.html
> >
> > --Graham
>
> Well, I'm at home, looking at it on a CRT, and it looks bitchin'.
> I'll report back if it's too much different from the work LCD.  Great
> shot!
>
> Joel W.

Graham,
I've got my Huey going at work (just got it set up).  With the
corrected settings for the LCD monitor, the contrast looks good.  I'd
say it's perfect.  With the monitor uncorrected, it still looks very
good.  It's hard to know how people will really see your stuff on the
web.  Most monitors are out of whack.

Hope that helps,
Joel W.