[OM] Re: #31 #32

Subject: [OM] Re: #31 #32
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 07:12:45 -0600
On 3/2/06, GeeBee <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I could quite easily have kept my old monitor but the flat screen has such a
> small 'footprint' and it makes sense to prepare my shots on a system that
> most people will eventually view it on.
>
> --Graham

I agree with this.  I prefer a CRT for my use, but the LCD is
ubiquitous on the desktop, not to mention the laptop, obviously.  I've
just ordered a Pantone Huey to get them all tuned the same way.

I've noticed the hotness of mono on the LCD and I wonder if it is
associated with a tendency of the machinery to do a kind of mechanical
sharpening.  These monitors were criticized for so long for being
soft.  You wonder if the manufacturers are overcompensating.  Even a
color photo, mildly sharpened or my CRT, looks a little pixelated on
some LCDs.

Joel W.