[OM] Re: #31 #32

Subject: [OM] Re: #31 #32
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 08:30:20 -0600
On 2/27/06, GeeBee <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Barry,
>
> I had a Photosmart S20 and was intending to get a Minolta 5400 but all of
> the web sites that were advertising the Minolta were unable to supply one.
> Apparently "Minolta is being taken over by Sony and stocks are not being
> replaced" so I bought a Nikon Coolscan V.
>
> The Nikon needed better than Windows 98 so I bit the bullet and replaced the
> PC too. I hate the look of b&w on the flat screen monitors (grainy plus
> radio-active highlights) and find it difficult to get it right.but the
> colour stuff seems much easier.
>
> Thanks for looking.
>
> --Graham

Hi Graham,

Glad you're back in the land of scanning again, though I know what
upheaval it is to get going with a new piece of machinery like that.
I wonder if a second marriage might not be easier (but I'm not going
there ...)

When you say "flat screen monitor" do you mean an LCD?  I'm curious as
I've been thinking about getting an LCD, though my 19" Dell CRT at
home is fine.  The LCDs are all over the place at work and have gotten
much better through the years, but I hadn't thought about how they
render BW until you mentioned it.

Joel W.