[OM] Re: Wouldn't you know it ...

Subject: [OM] Re: Wouldn't you know it ...
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 12:18:55 -0500
Handled intelligently, extended warranties are very profitable for
sellers unless something goes horribly wrong with a lot of products.
Most people never file a claim so the profit on the piece of paper on
which they printed the agreement is very impressive.  I'm the guy they
hate because, if necessary, I make claims that reduce that profit.  A
lot of people forget they bought them or misplace the paperwork and
think they're out of luck.  Same principle applies to gift cards that
are lost/never get used.  Lotsa profit!

In the U.S., car companies/dealers are notorious for treating like
dirt customers who do not buy extended warranties.  Don't ask how I
know that . . .

ScottGee1