[OM] Re: [Digital] It's over

Subject: [OM] Re: [Digital] It's over
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:43:31 -0700
At 09:05 AM 27/02/2006, AG Schnozz wrote:

[snip]

>You see, as long as a system, no matter what it is, meets your
>requirements just why would you switch?  But in Garth's case,
>I'd suggest investing in a different brand and embrace it
>wholeheartily.

Well, in fact, other than the KonicaMinolta A1, I have no investment
in a "serious" digital system at all (I just pulled the trigger at
B&H Photo to round out the A1 with all the available flash and lens
accessories, turning it into a five megapixel workhorse "mini-system"
that can rival my older OMs for a small lightweight kit that covers
most of my shooting needs and can go on a plane without major hassle;
I fully expect it to be working five years from now, doing everything
I need for casual and semi-serious stuff as well as the travelkit and
stuff for the interWeb -- but it's not up to some of the tasks I have
in mind that will hopefully be paying propositions).

As for my Oly OM stuff, I'm seriously thinking of selling it all.  I
dunno, the more "exotic" Zuikos should get some interest, doncha
think?  (Hopefully not just from "OlympusUSA" on ePay, either...)

>   I have a lot of Olympus "baggage".  It's a
>little harder for me to jump on a different train without losing
>something under the wheels.

Yeah, my problem is somewhat more complex -- from whom do I acquire
all of my "baggage" in the first place?  It was painful enough
getting the original OM system components, and now a new set of
(probably expensive) decisions several decades later.  Man, this bites...

Garth