[OM] Re: [Digital] It's over

Subject: [OM] Re: [Digital] It's over
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:38:12 -0800
The ID Mark II is really a specialized pro sports/news camera in the
large body pros seem to like and a sensor that is able to get images
off the sensor quickly. I don't think weather seals are going to make
the 5D with a 20D body into that kind of camera. The 1D Mk II may get
more pixels especially since there are rumors of a  Nikon D2H
replacement in the works. They could possibly stuff a full frame
sensor into it, but that would be very expensive and new redesign and
they probably could not use the one in the 5D because I doubt it
could handle the frame rates. Since it is already the most successful
sports/news camera now I doubt that it will get more than a MP bump.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA