[OM] Re: [Digital] It's over

Subject: [OM] Re: [Digital] It's over
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:59:58 -0600
We shouldn't be too surprised, but I for one am very dissapointed. Just as
they totally missed the autofocus train and were marginalized out of the pro
camera world, they will be again relegated to being a footnote in pro
digital. When film was king, the process took a while (look at how long it
took to get all the 4T's and lenses out of the system), but with digital the
product cycle is, regretably, about six months. If they really think that
they can wait that long and remain in the game, I would advise anyone
holding stock sell immediately.

I've not pulled the pin on digital, as I have yet to see something that
really excites me and makes me want to make the plunge. I had hoped that
Olympus would make something that would make good use of their lenses, but I
suppose that was asking too much. I haven't looked that closely at my wife's
D70s, but I will give it a closer look. Problem is, it just hasn't jumped
out and grabbed me by the shirt.

I don't care much for Canon, either. What's a boy to do?

Bill Pearce