[OM] Re: critique request

Subject: [OM] Re: critique request
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:48:06 +0100
<iddibhai@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> which of the two do you prefer, and why?
> http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2425/1296/1600/IMG_1002.jpg
> http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2425/1296/1600/P2171301.jpg
> shot by two different people (one of them me), two different cameras,
> different focal lengths, a few feet apart. Cropped/rotate/levels/USM on
> *both* shots done by me. thanks.

The 2nd shot is better in my view (the mood is more showing, almost to the
point you can tell a story with the pic : this guy's homeless, walking away
all the night to avoid police collection... whatever : great social pic).

But nevertheless, it lacks in the technical field : the pole in the front is
very disturbing, and would have disappearded by a 2 meters move of the
shooter forward. Zooms give bad habits, obviously.

Don't take that criticism too personaly, I've certainly done worse on my own.

--
Manuel Viet