[OM] Re: critique request

Subject: [OM] Re: critique request
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 11:27:31 -0400
Quoting iddi <iddibhai@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> which of the two do you prefer, and why?
>
> http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2425/1296/1600/IMG_1002.jpg
>
> http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2425/1296/1600/P2171301.jpg
>
> shot by two different people (one of them me), two different cameras,
> different focal lengths, a few feet apart. Cropped/rotate/levels/USM on
> *both* shots done by me. thanks.

I like the 2nd shot better. There's not much separation between the person and
the background in the first shot, they sort of merge together. With the second
shot they stand out much more.

You also see more of the mood of the light.

I'd say I like the framing better as well since it places the subject more in a
scene. But I think if the lighting was better in the first shot I might prefer
that shot, hard to say.