[OM] Re: (OM) OT Yosemite Park

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) OT Yosemite Park
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 06:36:34 +0000
That looked like a trip down Memory Lane, Moose.  Although you did
not have fancier equipment, I bet your photos were well considered
and composed.  I now sometimes regret having too much choice, but
perhaps I am just indecisive ...

Chris

~~ >-)-
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.
+44 (0)7092 251126
www.threeshoes.co.uk
homepage.mac.com/zuiko

On 20 Feb 2006, at 00:26, Moose wrote:

> You mean this one
> <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/PalisadeG2.htm>?  The
> lower
> image, taken by a friend on the trip, shows my then still rather new
> OM-1, 50/1.8 and Vivitar 2X-21 telextender. Back when I was in
> shape to
> climb these places, I couldn't afford fancier equipment. Now that I
> have
> all the equipment, I'm not in shape and have no desire to make those
> climbs again. :-)
>
> I don't know if the glacier is still there either, although a web
> site,
> obviously much newer than my pic, indicates it still is
> <http://www.thesierraweb.com/bigpine/bptr.html>. Its description of
> the
> trail to the glacier pretty much matches my recollection. We went
> across
> the glacier to reach the little seam/crack which gives access to
> Middle
> Palisade Peak. There was another, smaller glacier just to the North,
> just to the right of this pic. I just happened to have slides form
> this
> time period out as part of a cleanup of my study when your mention
> came
> up. When I get around to scanning more, I'll post them.
>
> Moose

snip