[OM] Re: (OM) OT Yosemite Park

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) OT Yosemite Park
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 09:39:47 -0700
My only time to Yosemite was on the July 4th weekend in the mid 1970s. The
local radio stations had been broadcasting warnings about extreme crowding
and were encouraging people to stay away. When we hit the valley floor it
was crowded so we drove up to Glacier Point and there were only a few people
there. When we came back down to the valley everyone had apparently gone to
the campgrounds and we almost had the place to ourselves. The scenic valley
is so small the people are simply concentrated with no room to disperse. On
top, the country is very open and people can wander all over the place
without being so crowded. The valley is certainly beautiful and is something
everyone should try to see. My brand-new OM-1 got some action there. /jmac