[OM] Re: 35mm focal length alternatives?

Subject: [OM] Re: 35mm focal length alternatives?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 10:30:23 -0800
Most of the Oly line of lenses gave you a choice of an expensive,
faster top of the line lens and a slower, more compact, inexpensive
lens of the same focal length. There was not a lot of economic push
to experiment with third party lenses except with some of the zooms
and macros which were expensive.

I don't know much about the Kodak cameras, but I thought all lenses
had to be "registered" with the camera. With as many lenses as it is
designed to use I would think that you could experiment with other
35mm lens settings and see whether a setting for another 35mm lens
might work for the Olympus. Or maybe that is not possible.

Why not get a Canon? I thought it was only the very wide focal
lengths that were problematic for full frame digital.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA