[OM] Re: Which equipment to Thailand?

Subject: [OM] Re: Which equipment to Thailand?
From: orava@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 19:30:33 +0200 (EET)

>If the rainy season has started then things usually
>cool down some (low 30's) but the humidity will be
>way worse. You might want toconsider keeping some
>ailica gel in your camera bag to help with moisture
>problems (depending on how long you'll be there).

That it actually my main concern. I know that the air will be very moist. I
feels very dangerous to take any of my favourite equipment to such conditions.
Add some beach dust to salty moist air and voela - there you lose your gems :-)

E-1 can stand moist better than OM's. Still I just got to take one of my OM
bodies with me because I can't stand the idea of coming back with no slides.

Still on the other hand we'll be staying there for only 3 weeks, so can some
moist air do any harm to a camera in that time? (Supposed that I dont play
soccer with the camera ;-)

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that I must take the 90/2.0
with me. But if (and when) I do so, will I still be taking 135/3.5? It gives
some more reach, but adds weight. I think I'll leave 135 home...

Btw. I gave my Mju II to my sister one year ago. Now I am enthusiasted on Mju II
again. Have you seen the prices nowadays? Only 89 euros for a new Mju II!?!?!?
That's cheap... I might buy one of those for this trip (and for the years to
come).

Ollli