[OM] Re: 14-45mm vs 50mm 3.5 macro

Subject: [OM] Re: 14-45mm vs 50mm 3.5 macro
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 08:06:46 -0800
I agree ... Andrew you were given a very poor lens.

The barrel distortion at the wide end of the 14-45 bothers me so I've used
the 14-54 much more, but the quality of the 14-45 is otherwise very good.
I'm surprised your image looks so muddy. Normally I would think that would
be caused by flare but I don't see how abusive handeling would cause a lens
to have more flare unless the glass looked like it had been cleaned with
sandpaper.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>

looks like you have a bad example, I have had two and they have both
been okay, in fact I thought it was the 14-54 which was more prone to
quality issues. It's just a good job we have our old om zuiko's ;-)