[OM] Re: LCD covers for E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: LCD covers for E-1
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 08:58:29 -0800 (PST)
> FWIW - I purchased an LCD protector for my E300 soon after I
> bought the camera.  Truthfully, I do not even notice it is
> there.  The plastic is very clear and does not seem to
> adversely affect my viewing of the screen even in low light
> situations or odd angles.  Also, I cannot find any scratches
> on the plastic after over six months of moderate usage.

The plastic cover for my E-1 is definitely scratched up.
Nothing major, I can see the image just fine.  My A1's
unprotected screen is getting a few scratches on it, but I've
found that most of my scratches come from my shirt and coat
buttons.  Probably those who mostly wear t-shirts don't
experience much of any scratching.

T-shirts and scratching.  Hmm. Where is this discussion going?

Anyway, I've thought about putting a palm-pilot protector on the
screen--and even experiemented with it on the A1, but alas, the
diffusion and loss of contrast is a little disturbing.  Shoot,
I'm the type that actually removes those clear protective vinyl
strips off of LCD displays of my Fluke multimeter and other
electronic handheld tools!

When I want to show somebody an image on the camera (group
chimping--a new sport at this year's Olympics), I typically
remove the protective cover just because it makes things look a
little better. But other than the scratches, I'm amazed at how
clear the LCD cover is.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com