[OM] Re: SanDisk Extreme III performance, was: Re: CF card prices

Subject: [OM] Re: SanDisk Extreme III performance, was: Re: CF card prices
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 05:46:18 -0500
That explains why Extreme III is faster than Ultra II.  But it doesn't
explain why the E-1, whose own interface hits 4998 KB/sec with the
Extreme III, doesn't achieve that same speed with the Ultra II.  Since
the Ultra II has been shown to hit 5434 KB/sec on the 20D the Ultra II
should not be the bottleneck.  I don't question the numbers but it still
doesn't make any sense to me.  Sounds silly to me but might it be that
one camera is doing a write verify and the other isn't?

Chuck Norcutt