[OM] Re: [OT] Digital Shutter Lag

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Digital Shutter Lag
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 20:53:14 +1100
Focus is a lengthy business on a superzoom like this at times. Then
there are all the other decisions it has to make like exposure.
However, I just went and tried out the test sample I have right now
and I suspect that you are not prefocussing. Try pressing the trigger
slightly to get it to focus. Then compose and press the button - it
fires almost instantly.
If you just point it and press the trigger down fully, it will show a
substantial lag. Get in the habit of holding the trigger at half down
position as you frame the shot and then, press.
I was impressed by the quality of images from this body in SHQ - some
colour fringing but quite sharp. The one I have has a looseness in
the lens - the nose wiggles. Is this your experience as well?
AndrewF