[OM] Re: Computer for Photoshop advice please

Subject: [OM] Re: Computer for Photoshop advice please
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:00:44 -0800
Although I agree with your overall point, there's a couple I would hesitate
with...

1.) Having dealt with 3 emachines that had a very short not too inspiring
life, I'll never know if they have improved unless they and Compaq are the
only ones making computers.

2.) My 4 year old Dell 4550 (about $1100) runs circles around a newer Dell
2400(? about $800). One of the problems with Dell is that it is hard to know
what you're going to get. Two new almost identically configured XPS machines
came with very different keyboards even though the same box was checked on
the order.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>

Correction, eMachines HAD a bad reputation.  Now that's changed and they are
considered excellent computers.

snip

Any $300 machine from DELL will do fine with PS.

Boris