[OM] Re: Computer for Photoshop advice please

Subject: [OM] Re: Computer for Photoshop advice please
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 06:54:56 -0800 (PST)
Correction, eMachines HAD a bad reputation.  Now that's changed and they are
considered excellent computers.
  Mike,
  I never understood if you like doing this just because you like it, or for
financial reasons.  If it were the first, from what I see, I think you will
have excessive amount of power.  If you are thinking about upgrading it later
and using it for something else, you might want to check the boards that
support the new chipset.
  If you are doing it for financial reasons...it is not worth it.  You won't
save more than $50 if that and will spend countless hours of troubleshooting
compatibility issues.  Any $300 machine from DELL will do fine with PS.
  But if I am wrong and you suddenly feel rich, do what Chris said...:)
  Boris

http://mail.yahoo.com