[OM] Re: Computer for Photoshop advice please

Subject: [OM] Re: Computer for Photoshop advice please
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:15:40 -0800
I think there were a number of posts about a different default gamma setting
for Mac vs. Windoze.

The new big Dell LCD I was working with was almost too bright for my eyes
which are accustomed to a pretty old Sony CRT. I changed the LCD background
to black but couldn't find a knob to reduce the brightness. The color seemed
good. My laptop makes yellow look more like tan.

YMMV
-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I  have just seen one, while Christmas shopping in John Lewis's in
Cambridge;  it's gorgeous, but I wonder if it would be OK for cheking
photos with.  Didn't Winsor, among others, say that brightness was a
problem with LCD screens?

Chris
~~ >-)-