[OM] Re: Computer for Photoshop advice please

Subject: [OM] Re: Computer for Photoshop advice please
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 20:08:35 +0000
Not to change the subject too much, but there's a chance I may soon be
deserting the PC camp and climbing on the Apple bandwagon.  My son, who for
years has put together his own PCs, about a month ago got himself an Apple
G-whiz-bang something or other, with dual these and those, and hasn't shut up
about it since.  Besides peddling building supplies to contractors, he's sort
of a half-assed photographer and also piddles at designing paint schemes for
NASCAR race cars using Photoshop.

He and his brood are coming here for Xmas, but after New Years I'm going to
scoot up to Knoxville and take the Apple for a test drive and see what all this
raving is about.  I haven't heard him this excited about anything since he got
his hot-rod 'vette up to over 600 HP summer before last.  Of course, besides
the Apple praise, I'm sure by then he'll have his [CENSORED] DX2 from B&H, so
I'll have to hear all about that &*#@%$ thing too.  I'll probably even actually
touch and hold it, but I promise to wash my hands afterwards.

And if he refers to my E-1 as "cute" one more time, we just may find out if
it's possible for a 64-year-old man to administer a good spanking to a
41-year-old child.  I know it would be justified.  :-)

If I do make the jump, I'm expecting some sage advice from the Apple users here.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --