[OM] Re: [OM][OT] Further chillies now German Cars

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM][OT] Further chillies now German Cars
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:01:31 -0800
An engineer gets paid for 40 hours of work but is typically expected to work
50+ hours. A technician gets paid time and a half for anything over 40
hours. Companies have a strong desire to convert everyone into an engineer.
In California some companies were pressured into changing titles from
engineer back to technician ... probably not pressured by engineers ;-)

YMMV,
-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>

I have a similar gripe about the misuse of the word "architect," as
in "software architect."

Rob in Seattle, who studied for five years, apprenticed for another
eight, and passed a four day exam in order to be able to legally use
the title....;-)