[OM] Re: [OM][OT] Further chillies now German Cars

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM][OT] Further chillies now German Cars
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 09:36:29 -0800 (PST)
> caught on fire. There is more than one anti-Christ out there.

I'd say that at this point, my Audi is more agnostic than
anything.  It starts in the morning, flies down the road to work
and cruises all day 80-90 MPH without flaw.  However, I can't
stand the antilock brakes on it.  They're just too aggressive
and I end up sailing through slippery intersections.  I don't
care if I have a wheel locked up, just let the other ones work!

However, I did find out that the computer alters the antilock
program a little if you are standing on the brake pedel with
something like 110 lbs of force.  Meanwhile, I've gone back to
doing the offroader trick of letting the engine slow/stop the
vehicle.  I experimented the other day during a snowstorm and
found at this one intersection in my neighborhood that if I jam
on the brakes it wouldn't stop for around 300 feet.  But if I
downshifted and let the engine slow the car I could get it
stopped in about 150 feet.  I hate jamming gears like that
though.

The car is an awefully pretty zuiko hauler.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com