[OM] Re: [OM][OT] Further chillies now German Cars

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM][OT] Further chillies now German Cars
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 20:31:12 -0600
> Decisions like that are usually made by beancounters and stylists. Ease of
> assembly is king. Maintainability takes a back seat. I don't know any
> engineers that like that kind of thinking but they are not in control most
> of the time. /jmac
Not always, when I wwent to work for the airplane factory in about 1975, it
was a few months after a strike. To get aircraft delivered, many less
qulaified people were on the factory floor. Many were engineers. There had
been a lot of customer complaints about a certain model where the battery
was located far forward in the nose. Access was a nightmare, but the
engineering response was there was no problem, along the lines of "we don't
design things like that."

Guess what was one of the first things modified after the strike.......

Bill Pearce