[OM] Re: E-500 Operating Temperature

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 Operating Temperature
From: Parzival Herzog <parzp@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 20:12:17 -0600
On Friday 02 December 2005 16:08, Roger Key wrote:
> In th E-500 manual under 'Operating Environment' the temperature range is
> given as 0 - 40 degrees Celcius. This would seem to severely restrict
> winter useage on ski trips. Does anyone have experience of using an E-1,
> E-300, or E-500 in below freezing temperatures?

First shot with my new e-300:

http://parzival.smugmug.com/photos/45520845-L.jpg

The camera seems to work very well in the cold. I've gone out for an hour
every day for a week now with temperatures at -5 to -13 Celsius. No battery,
focus or lcd problems.

I'm very happy with the e-300. I got a C-5050 and a C-5060 (used), thinking I
would keep one as a complement to the e-300, but it looks like I'll sell them
both. While they are nice cameras, I find the responsiveness and viewfinder
of the e-300 so much better that I am always choosing to take it out instead
of one of the smaller digicams. With a Zuiko 28mm f/2.8, or a 50mm f/1.8 the
e-300 passably compact, and not hard to use; while with the ZD 14-45, it is
not, in my opinion, socially acceptable.

Here's a picture taken with available light, with the Zuiko 28mm f/2.8 on the
E-300 at out local theater:

http://parzival.smugmug.com/photos/46316451-L.jpg

--
Parzival Herzog