[OM] Re: Henry's of Toronto - any good?

Subject: [OM] Re: Henry's of Toronto - any good?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:54:20 -0800
AG Schnozz wrote:

>>My advice: always ship by plain ol' Post Office to or from
>>Canada.
>>

>A very slight side note.  I sent a batch of photographs to a
>customer recently via USPS.  Never arrived.  And this was a
>strictly domestic shipment.
>
>Why o why does this happen every time I don't pay extra for
>"Tracking"?

I buy almost all my postage on line from USPS.com and have it picked up
by the postperson at home. No more trips to the post office for domestic
packages. Priority Mail bought that way has free tracking. You can also
now buy insurance, when desired. Generally, I just leave it by the
mailbox, but one may officially schedule a pickup and specify where the
package is to be found. I did that once when it was raining and the
postperson indeed came up to the porch to pick it up.

Only for very small, light, inexpensive things do I stick stamps on
packages anymore. Even then, I let the postperson pick them up.

Moose