[OM] Re: Henry's of Toronto - any good?

Subject: [OM] Re: Henry's of Toronto - any good?
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 07:42:16 -0500
Andrew:
They are indeed a "bricks and mortar" chain.  We have a branch here in
Ottawa. I believe their Eb*y operation (and used equipment sales) are
handled out of Toronto.  That means that I cannot easily judge their
things in person.

I recently bought a Tamron 300/2.8 from them on Eb*y.  Great condition,
matching the description.  Good US$ price too, (though a little bit less
good for us Canadians once the exchange and taxes are factored in).  I
don't usually follow their Eb*y offerings, but some recent lenses (the
400/4, and an 80-200/2.8 kit that a list member bought about this time
last year) were competitively priced.  Some of their accessories also
seem to be well priced.  Postage is probably reasonable: I got my lens
the day after shipping, so no complaint there.  If I were to criticize,
I would like to see bigger pictures.  While their photos seem to be good
quality, they're too small (on my monitor anyway).

Martin