[OM] Re: Oly Woes

Subject: [OM] Re: Oly Woes
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:32:21 -0600
Moose wrote:
> John Hermanson wrote:
>

>>I think IBM sold off their home computer division which are now being sold
>>under the name 'eMachines.' I could be wrong.
>>

> eMachines has been around for many years. I believe it is Lenovo who
> bought the IBM PC business.

That is correct.  Lenovo is the new spin-off that sells desktops and
Thinkpads.  Thinkpads are, IMO, the best damn wintel laptops made.
Solid as a rock, reliable as all get out - fantastic build quality.  I'm
on my 4th one, simply because I've upgraded over the years.  Each time I
sold my older one for a very decent price.

eMachines, however, are the lowest common denominator consumer pc's.
They're aimed at the general masses, and are built with the cheapest
components they could get away with.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon