[OM] Re: Oly Woes

Subject: [OM] Re: Oly Woes
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:59:18 +0000
Different strokes and so on and so forth.  I'm pretty happy with the E-1,
actually more so than I thought I'd be going in.  What with discounted prices
and rebates, I started off with an E-1 body, 14-54/2.8~3.5 and 7-14/4 Zuiko
Digital lenses, and a surprisingly competent little FL-20 flash, for a total
cost of less than $3000.

Today, I noticed that the 50-200/2.8~3.5 Zuiko Digital is available from B&H
(and Adorama too) for $850, with a $100 rebate.  So, when it arrives next week,
for an investment of right around $3500 I'll have a three-lens digital outfit
that goes seamlessly from 7mm to 200mm (14mm to 400mm in 35mm speak).  Then, of
course, there's all those great old OM Zuikos that do digital just fine too.
:-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from