[OM] Re: Oly Woes

Subject: [OM] Re: Oly Woes
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:29:20 -0500
I suspect I sound like a broken record (remember those?) on this
subject, but I wouldn't necessarily blame Oly for the delivery issues.

Dell is notorious for offering good deals on camera gear, accepting a
LOT of orders, then stringing people along for weeks or months until
they eventually deliver.  And because the prices are so low, a lot of
people put up with it.

I suspect this is a strategy Dell uses.  They get a lot of orders from
consumers, *then* they call in and beat up the rep for a lower price
and terms for the already sold items, then when the goods are finally
received, they're out of the warehouse almost immediately resulting in
quick inventory turns.

All this may be good for Dell and they probably fancy themselves
'innovators', but if Internet ratings are worth anything their
reputation is being damaged.

If it's any consolation, your E-500 might just show up one day before
the deadline without any warning.  They'll tell you about the delays
(which is laudable) but rarely notify when things are shipped.

Odd business practices . . .

FWIW/ScottGee1