[OM] Re: Photoshop RAW converter question

Subject: [OM] Re: Photoshop RAW converter question
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 14:52:44 -0500
On 11/8/05, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh, great Photoshop Gurus, I need some advice.
>
> I'm experimenting with Adobe's RAW converter and I'm really
> disappointed with the saturation levels I'm seeing from E-1
> files. With Olympus Viewer, I can get those Over-The-Top colors
> and 3D colors that the camera is famous for, but Photoshop's
> converter just seems to make the image lay there. Sure, I can
> crank things up a bit later, but that's another step I'm not
> sure I want to take.

Ken,

Here's my test. I use the Adobe RGB color space in camera. I took a RAW
image, converted it to a Tiff using Olympus Studio and then took the same
RAW image, imported it into Photoshop 7 using the Olympus RAW Converter
plugin with the same settings used in Olympus Studio. I then put both images
side by side in an Adobe RGB workspace and with my 50 year old eyes, could
not see any difference between the two in color saturation, color quality or
contrast. I'm not saying you are in error, just that my results are
different.

Richard