[OM] Re: Trying a new gallery

Subject: [OM] Re: Trying a new gallery
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:06:05 -0300

> A great shot though.  Lighting is just perfect.  I hope you got her to
> smiel later.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

Lighting is often a real problem in the mountains of Bolivia because of the
harsh direct overhead sun, and the altitude. So I usually tried to get
people to stand in the shade somewhere. Usually that means standing in the
narrow band of shadow cast by an adobe building, which is why the background
is often a brown adobe wall directly behind them. It's not the best setup,
but there isn't much choice.

I took a lot of slides as well, and used an 81a (except on the XA,
obviously) for color correction. But with the C5050 I didn't have one to
fit. I planned afterwards to adjust that in computer, but have discovered
after getting home that I don't yet have the skills or knowledge or software
to do that with any satisfaction :-(

Wayne