[OM] Motordrive Problems

Subject: [OM] Motordrive Problems
From: bartjew@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:49:34 +0200
List,

Recently I acquired a Motor Drive 1 + NiCd Control Pack. From another
source I got a 1.2m relay cord. A little tweaking was required, but it is
working nicely now. Well, apart froma few oddities, on which I could
use some advice:

When the relay cord is mounted on the drive, there is quite a lot of
lateral backlash. I.e. the connector can move sideways for about 5mm
(0.2" for all you imperialists out there). If I slide it to the outmost
position
in the direction of the lens, the connectors do not make contact
anymore! Is this normal? Is there a fix? The cord snaps pretty firmly i
nto place otherwise and makes good electrical contact (after sandpaper
treatment).

When switching to either 'single' or 'continue', the camera started
*exposing* immediately in continueous mode, the moment the
switch dropped in place, irregardless of the trigger button! When the
switch was only turned (not dropped) it acted as it should. This seemed
to be caused by the brass ring (CE132900 RS PLATE) acting as a
conductor between the drive casing (through the switch body) and the
actual switch's contact ring (CE015600 RS CONTACT through
CE015300 RS NUT). I could solve this by simply putting an insulating
washer between the brass ring ring and the nut inside the switch. Is this
a common problem? Or does this indicate a short cirquit somewhere
else in the battery pack or in the drive?

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Bart

Nu 12 maanden gratis Live Eredivisievoetbal bij 20 Mb ADSL voor maar
EUR 39,95 per maand. Bestel op www.versatel.nl/voetbal