[OM] Re: OT Digital Point and Shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Digital Point and Shoot
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:13:11 -0700
I recommended a Nikon CP7900 to a friend because of my experience
with the CP5200 and she loves it. It is a tiny, light(5 oz.)metal
bodied camera. The images are crisp and color is very nice right out
of the camera and it is very simple to use. They have gone the extra
mile for user friendliness. When exploring the scene modes and other
menu items touching the zoom button will instantly bring up an
explanation of the option on the menu. Menu fonts are large and easy
to read. It has a manual, but you don't really have to read it. And
it has a viewfinder in case the sun is out and you can't see the LCD.

It has a BSS(Best Shot Selector) setting. If the light is dim you can
turn it on and hold down the shutter and it will shoot up to 10 shots
and automatically throw away all but the sharpest shot. Since we
mostly shake the camera when we first push down the button and steady
up after that I have gotten some decently sharp shots at really low
shutter speeds. It does not work with moving subjects unless they
happen to pause in the sequence. Of course anti-shake does not work
with moving subjects either.

She also likes that when she pulls it out of her purse she gets a lot
of attention from her friends because of its attractive appearance.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA