[OM] Re: Fisheye 8mm and fungal blooms - how easy to remove

Subject: [OM] Re: Fisheye 8mm and fungal blooms - how easy to remove
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 06:27:20 -0700 (PDT)
I have also read about using UV light to destroy fungus.  You may need to renew
that tanning saloon membership though...:)
I am sure that smaller elements exist and it is probably a matter of a quick
search.  As a matter of fact I know they do, because when I was a little kid, I
remember that it was recommended for some and they were taken during brake
between classes to get exposed to the UV lamp during winter.  It looked like a
small heating element about 15cm/5.9in long and 1.5cm/0.6in in diameter.
Keep in mind that strong sunlight can damage the CCD (or this is what the
manuals warn about), so take it off the camera as a precaution...:)
Boris