[OM] Re: Fisheye 8mm and fungal blooms - how easy to remove

Subject: [OM] Re: Fisheye 8mm and fungal blooms - how easy to remove
From: Jonas Otter <jonas@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:13:05 +0200
Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have also read about using UV light to destroy fungus.  You may need to
> renew that tanning
> saloon membership though...:)
> I am sure that smaller elements exist and it is probably a matter of a quick
> search.

There are small UV tubes available in many shapes and sizes. They are used
industrially in EPROM erasers, in those little lamps that one uses to check for
counterfeit banknotes, in electric bug zappers, in disinfecting apparatus etc.
I don't think they are excessively expensive, maybe they need a little extra
work to get hold of. I once got a couple of different types to make a UV lamp
for my Dad to check postage stamps for fluorescence (he collected stamps).

Something like these might work:

http://www.prismaecat.lighting.philips.com/LightSite/Whirlwind.aspx?eca=LEPPLG&cpf=GBEPEN&stg=ACT&lan=EN+&ecu=SPL|PHL|GX&cnt_key=XUTUPLS+|PHL&t=1&tree=0&scr_md=1111&leftnav=1_1_2_14_2&nav=Null&loc=Null

Jonas