[OM] Re: Indian flash slaves - where's Tim?

Subject: [OM] Re: Indian flash slaves - where's Tim?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:23:41 -0700

------------------------------------
I probably haven't given that a good test. Typically I haven't had enough
flash power to both evenly light everything in view and overpower the
existing light. In dark rooms having incandescent lights, I usually end up
adding as much fill light as I can without having noticeable blues. So far
the pictures I like most have noticeable light coming from the existing
incandescent light fixtures. Maybe a lot more flash power will work.

The "lovely green" kitchen lights practically mandated by energy saving
rules of the local building departments almost always needs to be
overpowered which I haven't reliably been able to do yet.
http://www.julianalee.com/homes/2005/monroe_dr_186/kitchen.htm

I'm still trying to make up my mind about buying 3200K lights. That has the
similar problem of sunlight shining somewhere in the room looking blue.

For sure I need more, easy to use, artificial light. The Sonia slaves are a
good first step. I'm not sure what's next.

Thanks for the suggestion,

-jeff